Monday 17 September 2018

Harvest Goddess



Well, yet another month has passed and boy has this one gone by so quickly before we know it Christmas will be here!! YES, I said it, the C word... oops

So this month the Powertex Design team were given keywords for creative ideas and I chose Harvest. I started thinking about Harvest, did some research and found a lovely goddess called "Demeter"
She is  the goddess of the grain, agriculture, harvest, growth, and nourishment, who presided over grains and the fertility of the earth, I have set about recreating her in my own way.

I had some barbie type dolls and decided it was time to use one of those as my Goddess. I made a base from wood and used an old knife to make her sturdy and wrapped tape to add her to the knife and wood base. I have used BRONZE POWERTEX as my base colour. I then picked out some STOCKINETTE material for her dress and set about making some flowers and leaves from clay to add as embellishments 
I soaked the material in the Powertex and started dressing my Goddess.  I pinned up her hair and have cut it, as I plan to add embellishments to her head later.




And with the magic of COLORTRICX and a bit of a paint job, she is now looking like this.






Meet Demeter, my version of the Goddess of Harvest
I hope you have enjoyed this blog and maybe even get inspired to try out Powertex yourself.,
If you fancy ago but need some guidance why not try looking here for a tutor near you

Until next time, be happy and give that Powertex bottle a shake!!! 

~Jinny~

DAYLIGHT PHOTOS




1 comment:

  1. Wow she is fabulous!! Please can I ask how you covered her plastic body to get the powertex to adhere to her arms and face.

    ReplyDelete