Friday 14 September 2018

How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

Last week I was re-decorating a room in my house after we’d suffered a leak and as I was painting the wall, some plaster and brick-work started to crumble. The dust dropped on to my paint brush and I blithely carried on whilst thinking “ooh, what lovely texture!”. Hmmm, not sure that ‘texture’ is what we are after on freshly painted walls but I think it’s a sign that I have Powertex on the brain 24/7. Am I going mad or does anyone elses mind work like this?

*Not a picture of my wall but i think it would look great! 


So apart from bringing Powertex into all the aspects of your home, how else can you get to ‘play’ with Powertex?

Firstly, we recommend that you find a Certified Powertex Tutor near you and look at the workshops they have running. There’s all sorts out there and if you don’t see what you’re after, tell them what you want, they’re quite receptive to ideas! You can find tutors on the Powertex Website Directory, see them chatting in the Powertex Studio group on Facebook or check out our Workshop Wednesday posts on Facebook every week for a fresh update.

Newly launched this year are Powertex Portfolio Workshops which are designed to showcase the very best talent that our Tutors have to offer. These Portfolio Workshops will be limited in number and there is a strict application process for tutors to follow before they are accepted on to the programme. Each one will be an enhanced, immersive, full day experience for you in which you will come away with a beautiful, high-end quality, artistic project after an unforgettable day. You can book the Portfolio Workshops directly through the Powertex website.

Your local craft store or Hobbycraft may have classes or demonstrations on, check them out and don’t forget to support local where you can.

Exhibitions – Powertex are at the NEC for the Creative Craft Show this November 1st – 4th.

Get your friends over for a craft morning, don’t forget the cake!

TFind Powertex online; there’s also new videos going on the Powertex UK Youtube channel soon, join in with the fun on Powertex Addicts and the Powertex Studio on Facebook and don’t forget to follow Powertex on Instagram and Pinterest for lots of inspiration.

And finally, plan ahead for an excellent year of Powertex Events in 2019, we’ll keep you posted on these.

In the meantime, the ‘texture’ looks pretty good on my walls, I might dry-brush it next!

No comments:

Post a Comment