Wednesday 25 July 2018

Artful keepsake


Hello, hello one and all.

My project this time is all about keepsakes and memories.
I had loads of ideas running around my head but as I am sorting my home to relocate and having to downsize drastically, this also means my craft stash in my shed, which I have been collecting for about the past 18 years or so!!
So whilst sorting out my stash I came across some pieces that I have collected over the years and have loved and never used, I would get them out to use and put them back, saving them for that "other" project and this my lovelies was this project!
Hands up anyone else who does that, oh come on, we are all friends here lol.

Ok, so I took an old small pine box (another loved object that has been kicking around my shed for a couple of years) and collected some of my loved pieces and decided to make an assemblage of these pieces.


I applied some Ivory Powertex and STONE ART over the box, inside and outside. This has to be one of my favourites, using the Stone Art.





I found some metal bookmarks that I had been hoarding and also incorporated these into my design.
I glued in my pieces and spritzed with red and brown BISTER. I still had no idea with which colour scheme to do and was waiting for my muse to kick in and let me know!



I ended up also adding some EASY 3D to the sides of my piece, using the Alice in Wonderland stencil. I painted the whole box with black Powertex and then was going for a stone look by adding some Ivory Powertex.  Pigments you can see in the photo are what I wanted to use!



I layered (lots of layers) in these 4 colours here until I was happy with the end result. I don't know about you but I could lose hours and hours just doing this part.

I wanted the inside of my assemblage to be different from the outside, so chose colours that I don't normally use and my gosh did it turn out yummy. Again lots of layering with dry brushing.

And this is the end result, An Assemblage of treasured pieces I have collected but never used, now all in one place for me to look at and for it to be pretty. And small enough for me to take with me when I move next month. Win, win I'd say.






I hope I have not bored you too much, maybe I may even have inspired you to try something like this yourself. I really love working with Powertex and it's endless possibilities of turning nothing into something and something into a keepsake, which is also a piece of art.
~See you all soon~
~Jinny~




No comments:

Post a Comment