Friday 13 July 2018

Dream, Wish, Create a Beautiful World (by Anne)

This lovely image of a young girl (Victorian Photographs Rice Paper) really called to me and inspired me to make this piece. To me she portrayed a young girl that had experienced in her life far more than any child should.  Alone she would dream and wish for a better world. Her creativity would enable her to escape from the trauma and open the door to a world full of beauty.
I know that many can testify that using imagination and creativity really does take them to a happy place and can increase wellbeing. Sorry, maybe a bit heavy? I hope that you like the ‘beautiful world’ that I have created.
I first collected together lots of elements from my stash; a small wooden pallet (15cm square), a thick greyboard panel with frame (13.5cm X 5cm, 6cm X 2cm centre) plus smaller panel, silicone moulds to create flowers and fern, MDF Heart Keyplate, Penny Washer and Heart Flower (Powertex), scraps cotton fabric and lace.
I created the flowers and ferns using silicone moulds and Stone Art Clay. Stone Art was mixed approx. 50:50 with Ivory Powertex plus a little Transparent Powertex. Ivory Poweretex was also used to coat the inner greyboard pieces.
The wooden pallet and remaining greyboard and MDF pieces were coated with a leftovers mix of Powertex (mainly Lead and Ivory). I keep any leftover Powertex in recycled little takeaway sauce pots (plastic with fully airtight lids). My mix gave a lovely warm grey colour.
I spread Easy Structure Paste across the centre of the pallet and then spritzed with Green Bister.
The rice paper images were applied to the Ivory Powertex coated panels using Easy Coat Mat Medium. Note: the sentiment is actually snipped from the ‘Creative Paper’ branding down the side of the paper. I also used some small leftover snips from a floral paper.
Cotton fabric was treated with Ivory Powertex and draped diagonally across the middle. More texture was added using 3D Sand & Balls.
The flowers, ferns, Heart Flower and Penny Washer were coloured with Acrylic Inks; Palm Leaf, Viola, Viola Metallic and Golden Metallic. A little gold colour was also applied to the edges of the keyplate and image panels, plus drizzled onto the texture paste. The fabric was spritzed with a little Green Bister.
A strip of thin fabric braid was treated with Powertex, coiled tightly into a spiral, and added to the MDF flower centre (coloured with gold ink when dry). A sheet of Angelina fibre was created by ironing heat fusible sparkly fibres between sheets of baking parchment. I collected together a few snips of lace plus some Powercotton.
Next I put it all together. I hung a small metal ‘wish’ charm from the base.
I used Easy Structure Paste through the Duo Arty Quotes Mini  Stencil to add the ‘Dream’ sentiment.
More Acrylic Ink colour was dry brushed over textured areas.
I love the new Acrylic Inks. The fluid formula enables you to drizzle areas with intense colour too.
I was really pleased with my ‘Dream, Create, Wish’ mini artwork. I think that I might just have to keep this one for me.
Off to get busy as I have so many ideas. I will share more soon. Hugs all xxx.








No comments:

Post a Comment