Friday 16 February 2018

Winter Fairy House


Today I'm going to show you a step by step of how I made my Fairy house, using the Fairy house kit from Powertex as we all love a bit of magic and fantasy.
I hope you find it easy to follow and have fun, making your very own.
This is the kit that I used.



First I set about placing, so I had an idea of what I was going to achieve.
I painted the fairy house in black Powertex. 

I then chose some material from my stash and dipped in the BlackPowertex and laid over my roof and then dried it.


I then decided to add some texture to the base of the Fairy house,
using the 3D Sand balls.

I then decided to use the Powertex ,Paperdecoration for my main texture. This is a really lovely texture as once saturated with the Powertex it stretches and makes a really nice texture. 


I next set about making some texture for my Fairy door and I used the same method as above with the 3D sand and Black Powertex, only I added more to make a kind of paste. I then used a palette knife to smooth it on the door and ran a crochet hook in lines to give it a wood effect, let it dry.
I also added some of the lace from the kit, to under the roof, to add extra texture.


In the next three photos, whilst the door was drying I started to decorate three of the toadstools from the kit. Again I used  3D Sand for the texture and this time, some red Powertex.

I did two layers with the red Powertex and 3D sand to add some depth and I painted the stalks with Ivory Powertex.

I then used some Mocha pigment and dragged it through the wet Ivory Powertex, to create lines, making my Toadstools look more lifelike.
I then wanted to incorporate the stencil onto my Fairy house but the Paperdecoration was too textured if you like, so I had to find a way to get the stencil to work. I came up with the idea of laying down some masking tape, to make a smoother surface, to add the stencil. To create the texture to add to the stencil, yep, you guessed it I used the 3D Sand and Black Powertex to form a paste and palette over the stencil. I then dried it with my trusty hairdryer, as I did not want to smudge the text.

I then added my windows and chosen embellishments and painted with black Powertex and dried.
I already had a colour theme and chose these Pigment colours and began to dry brush onto my fairy house. The beauty of this technique is if you don't like it, you can change your mind and re-do it!


And here is the end result.







These are the bits I had left, along with some lace, which I know I will definitely use in another Powertex project.

I really enjoyed making this kit and I hope to see all the Fairy houses you create.
Feel free to share them on the Powertex Addicts page on Facebook.
Laters Powertexers
Jinny

No comments:

Post a Comment