Monday 12 February 2018

February Ramblings from Fi Potter

Hi Fi here, can you believe it's February already? I've been busy doing lots of arty stuff with Powertex of course but also mixed media art journaling.


I was asked by my friend Debbie Bulford if I would like to decorate some of her rather fab jewellery stands. Well I didn't need asking twice. They are such a neat design both for displaying your jewellery at home and even more because they pack flat making them super easy to carry to craft fairs.

I did two sets, the first I used neutral earthy tones of Powertex Bronze, Grey and Ivory. I used sand and Stone Art to add texture and then highlighted the edges with Bronze Gold and Silver Colortrix and Powerwax. Once the wax was dry I buffed them up to give a satin finish.


The second set I used Powertex Ivory and Bister's in Blue, Yellow and Red. I used the hairdryer to achieve some subtle cracking and left to dry. I then washed them back quite hard. I still have a little more work to do on this set to highlight the edges and also in the base of both sets.  More photos will be added to my Facebook and Instagram pages soon. Can't wait to display my own Powertex Jewellery on these.


I'm in my second year of doing Tamara Laporte of Willowing Arts Life Book.  I love the way Tam puts these online workshops together. Week one we created a Garden Fairy and this gorgeous girl is of my own hand,  I love her so much and can't quite believe that I did it.  Now watch this space because I am incorporating her in a new Powertex project which I shall blog in the coming weeks...join me as I create her fairy story "Once upon a time..."

That's all for now
Have a fab week and keep crafting ...

Fi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment