Friday 13 October 2017

The twinkliest of toes for September went to....

Did the month of September just fly by for anyone else? It was lovely to see someone with a little extra twinkle to their toes. Septembers shining star was Abigail Lagden of Curiously contrary. My she has been a busy lady and she bagged herself a fab two week residency at the Durham Dales centre to boot! Fantastic result Abigail.


It truly does prove that hard work pays off. I think she did a pretty incredible job of making a very plain space pop with all her beautiful creations don't you? 


Abigail describes her journey so far:
It makes me smile to create something new and beautiful and if it also makes someone else smile, then I feel like I have made the world a happier place.

I run a variety of fabric sculpting and mixed media workshops which allow participants to discover their creativity and complete beautiful projects. 


 Abigail's thoughts on her residency: 
It gave me the space and time to be creative away from my kitchen table and the distractions of home. I met lots of lovely people who popped in to see what I was doing and I got to talk about my work and the processes involved. It also made me think about where I want to be in the future and what I need to be doing to get there. The two weeks have left me ready for a little rest but also empowered, motivated and inspired to keep going on my artistic journey.

Some of the wonderful works of art created by Abigail on her residency. 



And what a journey this magical Powertex leads us on. Abigail is a lady after my own heart I love her style and the beautiful colours she uses on her works of art. Love Abigail's work too? Click the link to her Facebook and give her a follow, you know you want to https://www.facebook.com/curiouslycontrary/


Abigail is fully certified to teach you in all aspects of Powertex including Fabric Sculpting, Stone Art techniques, Mixed Media Painting and Easy 3D Flex for Darlington (DL Postcode areas). You can find details of all the tutors across the uk at Powertex UK. Toodle pip Anna xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment