Monday 9 October 2017

Powertex and Permanent Markers



Hi Everyone

Did you know that you can use permanent markers on top of your Powertex.  Perfect for adding those delicate details and no need for that really steady hand.

Here I have used the scary “The End” stencil from Powertex UK with Easy Structure paste to place the main skeleton face.  Once dry I filled in the outline using Powertex White Universal Medium and let it dry again.  Then I got out my permanent markers and started to play.



The background floral stencil behind the head was created using the Easy Structure paste blended with Black Powercolor pigment.  Make sure you mix it well with a palette knife to get it at smooth as possible before applying through a stencil.

With the ghostly images I used the Powertex transparent Universal Medium and stipples through the stencil with a stiff brush.  Whilst wet I sprinkled 3D Sand onto the image and left it to dry completely.Once dry brush away the excess sand.    

    

I had great fun creating this..........what will you create with your Powertex goodies?

Don’t forget to share you make on the Powertex UK facebook page Powertex Addicts United and look up your local tutor for even more Powertex inspiration.

Bye for now
Ax



No comments:

Post a Comment