Tuesday 3 October 2017

Hipsters and Lattes


Hipsters and Lattes

Autumn; a beautiful and retrospective time of year. I love winter best but that means I appreciate autumn all the more because we’re one step closer to the magic season. I don’t normally get excited about Halloween (too British, too boring, too old maybe?) but Powertex has worked it’s charms; who wouldn’t be excited when faced with the dreamy new gothic goodies on the Powertex website?!

So I momentarily forgot my stuffy Englishness and threw myself into the autumn vibe. Hello October

A trendy friend came to visit and we were heading out for a walk around the lake. The autumn sun was shining, massive sunglasses were on and I pictured us clutching a cup of something hot and delicious strolling through the red and gold leaves. 

“Lets go to Starbucks!” I suggested, determined to try a Pumpkin Spiced Latte (I’ve seen them on Instagram, it’s what the cool people drink apparently). I honestly don’t know what possessed me. I am not adventurous with food, (ditto drinks). I like a cappuccino or if I’m feeling really wild, a mocha with cream. Trendy Friend ordered a ‘flat-white’ (seriously) and I nonchalantly ordered a Pumpkin Spiced Latte, as if I, unfashionable and rural as I am, always order such exotic drinks (of course I added a bacon roll too).  

Let me tell you it was singularly the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted (aside from Pernod, and no-one wants to know how that story ended). Of course, I couldn’t throw it away, I’d look like a provincial nerd. I wanted to continue with my vision (which was already slightly marred by the bacon roll), so I bravely finished the lot. 

For the next 24 hours, that Pumpkin Spiced Latte reminded me I had drunk it; everything else I ate that day was laced with Pumpkin Spice (not as pretty as it sounds) and I had to admit to myself that I am not a hipster. Never mind, I need reminders every now and again that my vision does not always equal my reality, especially when it comes to all things hipster. But there’s always Powertex to comfort myself with! 

                        The Vision                                                                     



The Reality! 






No comments:

Post a Comment