Monday 15 October 2018

Some bling and a skull

Halloween, don't you just love Halloween?
I do because I can go all out spooky with the Powertex and my artwork.

So without further ado, here is my Halloween project for this month.
I have had this skull for eons and knew that at some point I would be able to use it.






I started by painting the skull with IVORY POWERTEX as I had an idea in my head.
I gathered some embellishments and bits of lace type material and started applying to the skull.



After I was happy with what I had added to the skull I painted the whole thing with some more Ivory Powertex and then added one of my favorite products from Powertex, some STONE ART.
I waited for it to dry a bit and then rubbed the stone art to add to the texture.

Now my finished result was not what I had in mind to create, I was going for a ivory and beige/faux bone type but this is what evolved.

I ended up getting out the new MICA POWDERS from the Secret Art Loft and added some gems, this is a bit lighter and colorful to my usual style but it is pretty... for a skull  :) 

The STONE ART helped the embellishments to blend in with the skull. I repainted the eye and nose sockets and added shadow to the teeth area



I dare say I may make some more spooky Powertex projects before Christmas gets here, oops did I say the C word, sorry!! 

You can see more of my projects at Mums Shed  and if I or any of the other Powertex Design Team have inspired you, go on over to Powertex.co.uk 

You can always get inspired via POWERTEX STUDIO on Facebook

Until the next time, 
LIVE
LAUGH
LOVE 

~Jinny~


3 comments:

  1. I love using stoneart and on the skulls it really makes them look old and give them great texture. Love how you have coloured it up and added your lovely embellies - great job xx

    ReplyDelete