Tuesday 6 March 2018

The White rabbit's watch


                    If you see the White Rabbit please tell him I've found his pocket watch! 


 I've used the ivory Powertex to stick and paint my March project pack together and sprinkled on sand and balls to give some amazing texture. 
Then I sprinkled some of the black bister crystals onto my work where I wanted some real depth.  I diluted my blue and green bisters and put them into spray bottles I gave everything a really good spray, this diluted the black crystals and it seeped around the textured areas just as I had hoped.

When everything was dry I mixed some rusty powder with some vinegar, sand and ivory Powertex and used an old brush to apply this where I wanted my rust. Over the next 24 hours I resprayed the watch with a vinegar and water mix to reactivate the rusting effect. When I was happy with the rust I left everything to dry and brushed on Powercolor and Colortrix pigments mixed with Easy Varnish to accentuate a few areas and add some metallic elements.











I hope you like the results! 

Thanks for looking, Traceyx

No comments:

Post a Comment