Monday 1 January 2018

Getting to know you - Powertex Design Team 2018




Wow! 2017 Just seemed to fly by for us I don't know about anyone else. Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas with Family and friends. So with the new year comes a mix up for the Powertex UK Design Team. Some are familiar faces the newbies are part of our Powertex family of tutors whom we wanted to give the opportunity of bringing their unique projects to the table.

Anna Emelia Howlett of Rosehart Studio

Yep that's me! I am Design Team, Blog co-ordinator and Press Office for Powertex UK.  Fully certified Powertex UK tutor. I am a busy little bee, when I am not creating artwork in the form of drawings, sculpture and journals, children's book designs, stamp designs and teaching workshops, you will find me working at the hobby shows with Powertex UK and so much more. I love using Powertex for mixed media or altered art projects particularly. I pretty much throw everything at it as I love detail! More is More!!
 I have four cats and would definitely have more if I could. On my time out I love hanging out with the other half, going to comic conventions, singing at Rock choir, riding horses and helping with girl guides. I am inspired by wild life, nature and mythical creatures to name but a few. My favourite word is Toodles.


 Abigail  Lagden of Curiously Contrary

Powertex tutor and the creative team leader based in Bishop Auckland, County Durham.
These days, my life pretty much revolves around my two crazy rescue dogs (Benson and Daisy) and all things Powertex (not really a bad life!). When I have a bit of spare time (not as often as I'd like), I volunteer as a props maker for the outdoor spectacular, Kynren.
I absolutely adore the rich, intense colours and the amazing depth and textures that you can create with Powertex. I draw a lot of inspiration from nature, but I also love all things magical, mystical and fantastical, and find this influence has a tendency to creep into many of my creations!


 Annette Smyth Creative Adventurer 

Powertex Creative Team Leader, stockist and Certified Tutor
I live in Leamington Spa with my husband and 3 fur babies Harvey, Travis and Flo. I like to reuse found items in my work and get lots of inspiration from car boots, charity shops and recycling stores. I love lazy lunches, feel good movies, coffee cake and snorkeling in warm seas. I'm looking forward to sharing my ideas with you this year. 

 Donna Mcghie of Arts and Murals by Donna Mcghie

I am passionate about my art 4 a heart workshops, as a percentage of these goes to the Papworth Hospital Charity as a thank you for the life saving work they did when my husband needed a heart transplant.
I get inspired by the seemingly mundane every day things that are all around us, which is why I love working with Powertex, because it can and does transform the most basic of things into something beautiful.

Fi Potter of Fiona potter Artist and Jewellery Maker

Powertex UK tutor, design Team 2017 and tv guest presenter. Based in Warwickshire.
I made my mark in the jewellery world demonstrating lots of techniques on tv shopping channels. Since 2007 I've dipped my toes in lots of mediums discovering which would best bring my design ideas to life, from creating backgrounds for designing projects to use with resin jewellery and home decor, wirework, polymer clay, mixed media and more.
Having discovered Powertex in November 2015 I was hooked. I became a member of the Hochanda TV team for Powertex UK in 2017 and a member of the Design Team. I am thrilled to be back for another year to show you my spin on Powertex.I thoroughly enjoy sharing my love of Powertex with my grand daughter Sophie, we have much fun making fabulous creations.

Jinny Holt

Hello, my name is Jinny I am a wife, Mum to three and a Nanny to two Grandsons. 
I am a full-time Support worker and arts and crafts coordinator for young adults with additional needs. 
I have always enjoyed making and creating things since I was a child. 
I love to recycle things whenever I can and have been known to rummage through skips on the odd occasion, you know what they say "One mans junk is another man's treasure" 
I am inspired by everyday life and nature. As well as creating with Powertex I also enjoy Polymer clay and jewellery making and when I am not creating I enjoy gardening and decorating.

Kore Sage of Sky Sage Studio

I'm Kore, Mixed media crafter and arty experimenter. I believe in the healing power of creating art. If I'm not painting and layering to a background of Eighties hits and rock classices you might find me by the waves on Brighton beach or learning tai chi. My superpower probably involves orange paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment