Friday 15 June 2018

Venetian mask Powertex style



Good morning all, I can honestly say I enjoy Powertex, no that is an understatement I LOVE POWERTEX but this piece I really, really enjoyed designing.
The first photo is all the pieces with this project pack, sadly I forgot to photograph the beautiful rice papers too but you will see one of them shortly.



I had a play with placing the pieces, to see what grabbed me and I liked this idea and my mojo was really going at this stage.


I painted the mask with  BRONZE POWERTEX but wanted to give the actual mask a floating feel.
As you can see from photo underneath I stacked up some MDF discs I had to give it some height.


I wanted to incorporate some of the yummy papers and decided to add to the mask itself, which I did using the EASY COAT MATT

I found some silver tone plastic bling to add to the edges and give it a bit of pizazz


I then added some Paper  DECORATION to give the face some texture plus it seems to be one of my fave texture choices at the moment.


Now to think about adding some colour!! Hmmm 
I first started with dry brushing white and then decided I did not like that, so I  went with the Turquoise pigment.


 I then decided to add the BRONZE PIGMENT and I found some wooden butterfly embellishments, which I painted gold and I also found a lovely plastic dove which I glued to the headpiece and did a bit of gold dry brushing to tie in the colours.


 I added some coloured gems and two metal butterflies to complete the look of my mask
I think some feathers would look really nice with this piece too, will have to get some to add.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing my process of how I came up with this design piece.
If you have not yet tried Powertex, you won't be sorry if you do.
Until the next time
Happy creating
Jinny 

No comments:

Post a Comment