Friday 29 December 2017

Floral Stoneart

Hello Bloggers!

Today I have a canvas project incorporating my most favourite of all of the Powertex techniques and that is Stoneart.  Since the very first day on my Powertex training session Stoneart has been the technique that I find most inspiring and has always has the WOW! factor each and everytime I make something with it.

This is a project that I made to inspire 6 students that came to a beginners Stoneart workshop at the weekend and they all thoroughly enjoyed it and created some superb finished pieces. I apologise for lack of photographs of the stages I got carried away and realised when I had almost finished!




We started off with a canvas measuring 9" x 12" so that gave us a good area to play with.  The project began on the base canvas with the ivory Powertex and then using the Stoneart powder to create the incredible Stoneart effect.  I added 2 pieces of polystyrene into the bottom corner to create lots of dimension.  I broke the polystyrene away so that the inside was exposed as this is fabulous in creating that faux stone effect to the project.  The Stoneart process was carried through onto the polystyrene which finished the base for the floral arrangement.



The flowers and leaves were all made with Stoneart clay which the students thoroughly enjoyed making. A variety of Powertex flower and leaf moulds were used for the centrepiece.
After laying the flowers down and securing using Powertex Easy Structure I filled in any gaps with ivory Powertex and then filled with 3D sand and balls adding more interest.  The whole floral area was then covered with several colours of bister including natural browns, yellow, green and burgundy.

After this had dried the colour was added using Powercolours and Colourtrix.



This is my final project as a member of the 2017 Design Team for Powertex and it has been an absolute pleasure to be part of the team over the year and hope that I have been able to inspire you with some of my projects.  I have been invited to be a guest blogger in the new year so I will be popping up now and again with a little something so hope you enjoy these too!
Thankyou Tracey and Gary for the opportunity of being part of the Design Team I have thoroughly enjoyed it.
Bye for now
Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment