Saturday 2 September 2017

I don't know about you but we are still loving the Egyptian theme here! 
I thought I would share how I  created this 30 x 30 canvas, it's still one of my favourites.


I used a Tutankhamun bust cast from one of the silicone moulds for my focal point. 


I added yellow ocher Powertex and 3D sand mixture to the canvas and pressed in a stretcher wedge and the 
Heiro Heaven stamp to give the ancient tomb brick/stone impression.


I also pressed the Wonderful Things stencil into the mixture to add another dimension.



The next layer was a torn scrap of leftover wallpaper that I held onto because I just loved the texture and some corrugated cardboard. One of our MDF Stacking flowers served very well as a sunburst and an inverted MDF heart worked as the pyramid. I couldn't resist adding the little wedges I used at the beginning to symbolise the pyramid blocks at the bottom and I felt that the addition of some small and medium sand balls just finished the piece off.

There are lots of techniques used on this canvas, if you would love to make something similar but don't feel you could get there on your own have a look at our website and find a tutor near you who is qualified to teach at all levels, that way you can be sure of the very best advice and attention.

You can find them here.TUTORS

Don't forget to sign up to our blog, we have some great design team members and they are giving away loads of tips and ideas! Tracey x

No comments:

Post a Comment