Saturday 13 May 2017

RECYCLING 'THINGS'

Well here I am again with my second Blog….gradually getting the hang of this. So a little more about my Powertex Journey!

​As most crafters, I see things and think, "Oh I wonder if I could use that?" The result is a vast accumulation of what I can only refer to as "THINGS."  For instance, nice bits of lace, interesting shapes and moulds, glass bottles and jars, egg boxes, cardboard boxes, candle holders, broken or chipped china........oh the list goes on.

It was looking at my plastic milk containers that I "saw" A Fairy House! Not just any fairy house but one with an open door and leaded windows. I suffer from claustrophobia, so I hate closed doors and windows and even in winter sleep with the window open. I am sure Fairies also like to be able to come and go as they please. "Hmmm" I thought looking at the egg boxes which had now grown into a huge pile. Torn up cardboard with such a lovely texture, would make excellent brickwork.
So I set to work  and 3 days later the little house looked like this.
​I took photos of each stage and am now working on a step by step for you to follow. The house isn't actually finished yet, as the fairies, (they chattered continually in my little studio making suggestions) Well they have asked me to build them a grass mound with steps leading up to the house. Fussy Fairies! I love them though.




For all your Powertex products visit their website. www.powertex.co.uk
I am honoured to have been chosen to be on the Powertex Design team along with 5 other certified trainers. All of us have different styles so please visit their blogs too.

As we are on the subject of recycling here is another idea. I created this little plant pot out of plastic carton.
For all your Powertex products visit their website. www.powertex.co.uk
I am honoured to have been chosen to be on the Powertex Design team along with 5 other certified trainers. All of us have different styles so please visit their blogs too.

All manner of objects that otherwise end up being placed in the recycling bin can be transformed into decorative and useful objects. Large coffee jars make excellent vases.




No comments:

Post a Comment