Thursday 7 December 2017

Wonderful things Egyptian Canvas

I was super excited when Tracey told me of her plans for her Egyptian show! It was so refreshing to have a theme that suited Powertex so well. The earthy tones of the bisters and the Easy 3d flex just lent itself so well to all the crackles, depth and texture that you would see on an Egyptian relic or within a tomb inside a pyramid.
One of the pieces I created for the show was a mixed media canvas. The center piece was created by taking a piece of fabric and dipping it into Ivory Powertex. I then laid it out to dry flat on a piece of plastic sheeting,but made sure the edges were rolled like a scroll.
Once thoroughly dry I tore around the rice paper image I wanted to use and took some Easy coat matt to apply it. Tracey has made a fab video on how to apply the rice papers here.
I then allowed it to dry and stenciled around the edges using some sand mixed in with Powertex through the Wonderful things stencil.
I had some sand/powertex mixture left over so put a little Easy 3d flex in and pasted it around the edges of the fabric scroll for more texture. Then I made some easy 3d clay and stamped into it with the stamps I specifically designed for the range which were the Heiro Heaven and Scarabella. I coated the mdf shapes with Ivory Powertex I used the eye of horushieroglyphic tablet and mini hieroglphs once everything was stuck down it was left to dry. I then gave a generous spray with some black, red, yellow and brown bister to dull the tones of the Ivory down and add extra depth to the textures. And added a dash of colour with some pigments which were dry brushed.
The background was a canvas that Tracey had knocking around the studio and it already had a good helping of texture made with sand and powertex on it. So I just finished the other side, stuck the scroll piece in the middle with more powertex! Added some sand and balls to the left side of it for even more texture then sprayed with bister. 
Hope you are all still loving the Egyptian range as much as we are! Toodles Anna xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment